By Justin Menga
Here is the publication you must organize for Cisco's safe Intrusion Detection (CSIDS) and secure Implementation (CSI) checks. This learn advisor was once built to fulfill the exacting standards of modern-day certification applicants. as well as the centred and obtainable educational process that has earned Sybex the "Best examine consultant" designation within the 2003 CertCities Readers selection Awards, this two-in-one examine advisor presents:
- Focused assurance on operating with a Cisco Intrustion Detection method and secure Implemtation
- Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
- Leading-edge examination education software program, together with the Sybex trying out engine and digital flashcards in your Palm
Authoritative insurance of all examination ambitions, including:
Secure Intrusion Detection:
- Designing a Cisco IDS security solution
- Installing and configuring a Cisco IDS Sensor
- Tuning and customizing signatures to paintings optimally in particular environments
- Performing gadget administration of supported blockading devices
- Performing upkeep operations
- Monitoring a safety answer for small and medium networks
- Managing a wide scale deployment of Cisco IDS Sensors
- Security Fundamentals
- Architectural Overview
- Cisco safety Portfolio
- SAFE Small community Design
- SAFE Medium community Design
- SAFE Remote-User community Implementation
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics usually are not integrated as a part of publication file.
Read Online or Download CCSP: Secure Intrusion Detection and SAFE Implementation Study Guide (642-531 and 642-541) PDF
Similar network security books
A technical guide for community revenues and customer support personnelNetwork revenues and providers guide covers the following:* Foundational innovations and discussions of ways networks interconnect* The OSI version and its basic value for relocating info among desktops on an internetwork* consumer premises apparatus, together with a dialogue of more often than not came across at a shopper web site* Threats to a community and techniques for shielding a community opposed to such threats* techniques of geographical networks and the three-tiered community hierarchy* QoS and a network's strength to supply larger provider to pick community site visitors over quite a few internetworking applied sciences* equipment to be had to distant clients for securely having access to organizational assets* Public switched cell community companies and purchaser entry* Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and the way it really is utilized in a community spine* the basics of fiber-optic networks, together with Synchronous Optical Networks and Dense Wave department MultiplexingOne of the main major demanding situations in any technical association is wisdom move: getting the information from these "in the understand" (network engineers or experts) to these at the "front traces" (those people who are promoting and assisting a client's community services).
The SANS Institute keeps a listing of the "Top 10 software program Vulnerabilities. on the present time, over half those vulnerabilities are exploitable by means of Buffer Overflow assaults, making this category of assault essentially the most universal and most threatening weapon utilized by malicious attackers. this can be the 1st ebook in particular aimed toward detecting, exploiting, and combating the most typical and hazardous assaults.
Seeing that 1993, the data safeguard administration instruction manual has served not just as a regular reference for info safety practitioners but additionally as a major record for undertaking the serious evaluation essential to arrange for the qualified info procedure defense specialist (CISSP) exam.
Der Begriff depended on Computing umschreibt eine Reihe neuer Ansätze zur Verbesserung der Computersicherheit durch den Aufbau von Computersystemen aus vertrauenswürdigen undefined- und Softwarekomponenten. Das Buch liefert erstmals einen umfassenden Überblick über die unterschiedlichen Konzepte des relied on Computing und ermöglicht dadurch einen einfachen Einstieg in das komplexe Thema.
Additional info for CCSP: Secure Intrusion Detection and SAFE Implementation Study Guide (642-531 and 642-541)
31. C. If your choice for remote access is the software access option, split tunneling will be disabled whenever your VPN is operational. For more information, see Chapter 11. 32. A, C, D. Remote users are prone to unauthorized access, network reconnaissance, virus and Trojan horse attacks, IP spoofing, and man-in-the-middle attacks. For more information, see Chapter 11. 33. B, D. The software access option provides mitigation by supporting authentication, termina tion of IPSec tunnels, and the use of personal firewalls and virus scanning for local attack mit igation.
A less obvious location is on a computer located on your internal network (an internal threat). You must understand where potential attacks can originate in order to position your security-defense systems appropriately. External Threats An attack that originates from a system that is outside your administrative control is considered an external threat. The most common external threat is one that originates from the Internet. Extranet connections to external vendors, business partners, and customers can also pose exter nal threats.
Test scores are automatically forwarded to Cisco within five working days after you take the test, so you don’t need to send in your score. If you pass the exam, you’ll usually receive confirmation from Cisco within four weeks. com, where you can ask questions relating to their books. Assessment Test 1. TCP Reassembly is a technique used by sensors to counter which of the following IDS evasive techniques? A. Obfuscation B. Encryption C. Flooding D. Fragmentation 2. NMAP is an example of a utility that performs which of the following type of attack?
CCSP: Secure Intrusion Detection and SAFE Implementation Study Guide (642-531 and 642-541) by Justin Menga